The Xavier Society for the Blind provides all of our services free-of-charge, and our work is supported solely by the generosity of private donations. We receive no direct financial assistance from any federal, state, or city agency.
To meet our annual operating budget, we rely upon the individual donations of many loyal benefactors, corporate participation in matching-gifts programs, grants from some charitable foundations and the contributed services of devoted volunteers. Much of our revenue is also obtained through bequests and estate plans, living memorials of support to the Xavier Society. A small endowment fund, invested and managed conservatively, adds an additional bit to the annual operating budget.
However, our current level of funding lets us reach only a small percentage of those who are eligible for our services. The gap between what we need to do and what we are able to do is very wide indeed. It is a gap we need to close.
There are several ways you can help the Xavier Society continue our mission into our second century:
- Use the link above to make a direct contribution here online. We have a secure server, and your information will be encrypted and transmitted safely.
- Send us a check or money order payable to Xavier Society for the Blind
- Many companies match or double gifts made by employees, retirees, board members or their spouses through a Matching Gift Program. Please consult your human resources office.
- Gifts of appreciated securities may provide certain additional tax benefits.
- Please consider Xavier Society when preparing or revising your estate planning.
All donations to XSB are tax-deductible to the extent permitted by the law.
We invite you to become a part of this continuing important and exciting work. Please feel free to write, call or e-mail our development office.
Xavier Society for the Blind
248 West 35th Street, Suite 1502
New York, NY 10001-2505
Phone (212) 473-7800
(We know it’s long, but it’s really easy to remember)
OUR QUARTERLY APPEAL
We send mailings to our friends and benefactors approximately five times a year, to ask for their help in keeping this great work going. If you would like to be added to our regular mailing list, please contact us and let us know.